Browse LLC guides by category and state or use the search box below to find the information you need.
LLC Basics & Definitions
- How to Start an LLC
- What Is an LLC
- What Is a DBA?
- What Is a Domestic LLC?
- What Is an LLC Organizer?
- What Are LLC Protections?
- What Is a Registered Agent?
- What Is a Sole Proprietorship?
- What Is a Single Member LLC?
- What Is a Disregarded Entity LLC?
- What Is an LLC License and How To Get One?
- What Is Real Estate LLC?
- LLC for Investing
- LLC for Rental Property
- What Is an EIN Number for LLC?
- What Is an LLC Operating Agreement?
- What Is an LLC Certificate?
- What Is a Member of an LLC?
- LLC Pros and Cons Explained
- Do I Need an LLC?
Legal & Business Procedures
- Foreign LLC Registration
- How to Buy an LLC?
- How to Add a Member to an LLC?
- How to Close an LLC?
- How to Change an LLC to an S-Corp?
- How to Transfer LLC to Another State?
- How to Switch From Sole Proprietor to LLC?
- Can I Be My Own Registered Agent?
- How Long Does It Take To Form an LLC?
- How to Start a Sole Proprietorship?
- How To Get a Tax ID Number for an LLC
Taxes & Accounting
- How to File Taxes for an LLC?
- How to Add a DBA to an LLC?
- How Many DBA Can an LLC Have?
- How to Pay Yourself From an LLC?
- How to File an LLC Annual Report?
- How Much Are LLC Filing & Operating Costs?
- How to Choose a Tax Classification for an LLC?
- How to Fill Out a W-9 for an LLC?
Business Entity Comparisons
- Most Popular Business Types in the US
- DBA vs. LLC
- LLC vs. Inc
- LLC vs. S-Corp
- LLC vs. Sole Proprietorship
- LLC vs. Corporation
- LLC vs. Partnership
- LLC vs. LLP
- Professional Corporation (PC) vs. LLC
- Member Managed vs. Manager Managed LLC
- Sole Proprietorship Pros and Cons
- What Is a Series LLC?
LLC Formation Guides & Costs by State
Editor’s note: This column is updated by M. Pedigo, N. Winston and J. D. Wallace. Article feedback can be sent to email@example.com